CAREERS WITH ALIGNTEC
Position: Field Tech
Reports to: VP of Field Operations
Position closes: 26 April 2021
AlignTec is a locally owned and operated Internet Service Provider based in Durango, Colorado. Originating as an IT company in 1996, AlignTec provided technical services to area businesses and homes over the years, creating many, long-lasting relationships that remain to this day. In 2004, we began our first wireless internet broadcast. Providing quality rural broadband internet service quickly became our business focus. We are proud of the service we offer and the friendly, knowledgeable customer experience we are known for.
Our Mission: Through innovation, vision, and the use of advanced technology, we are committed to delivering cost-effective, high speed internet access to under-served communities. And recognizing the value of partnerships, we engage with our community to cultivate reciprocal business relationships that encourage growth and further elevated standards of service.
Field Technicians maintain, construct, and repair the equipment used for electronic communications, wireless devices, and broadband equipment. Field Techs are responsible for performing routine troubleshooting calls, surveys, locates, outage repair, on-call duty, shift work, and construction maintenance in accordance with AlignTec’s procedures and practices.
WE WILL TRAIN THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THIS POSITION EVEN WITHOUT HAVING ALL THE EXPERIENCE OR SKILLS LISTED.
- Perform installations and changes of service, while adhering to company procedures and safe work practices in order to provide excellent customer experience.
- Update customer account to ensure an accurate record of products and services.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve customer inquiries and concerns to ensure products and services are working properly to create a positive customer experience.
- Clearly communicates and works with customers to educate them on AlignTec’s products and services.
- Assist in the construction, maintenance, and repair to existing and new broadcast sites.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Maintains proper equipment and cleanliness of assigned Work Truck in order to be prepared to perform required duties.
What we need from you:
- Basic understanding of Residential Construction
- Provide excellent customer service no matter the customers mood, the situation or the time of day; always looking for ways to improve the customer experience
- Ability to safely and effectively use installation tools, power tools, and hand tools.
- Always operates company vehicle, at times in inclement weather, in a safe and responsible manner with appropriate state licensing requirements.
- Valid CO Driver’s License
- 1yr of WISP industry or related communications service installation experience
- Reliable transportation
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to learn computer functions, systems, and on-the-job skills
- Reliable standard broadband connection while working from home
- Ability to talk, listen and speak clearly on the telephone.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends (On-Call) and overtime as necessary.
Conditions & Physical Demands:
The conditions and physical demands described here are representative of those that are required for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Must be able to move, lift or carry loads of 50 lbs. or more, on occasion; ability to lift, move or carry less than 20 lbs. regularly.
- Ok working in confined spaces such as crawl spaces or attics
- Works near power lines and electricity.
- Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus and able to manipulate objects such as pens, keyboard and mouse.
- Works in areas with exposure to inclement weather, moderate noise level, dogs or other animals, construction areas, or the public in general.
- Able to perform jobs from high places (on poles, ladders, and roofs), including climbing poles with proper equipment (safety belt, strap, climbers), ladders and bucket trucks.
What you can expect from us:
- A supportive and team environment based on trust, transparency and communication.
- Professional growth and trainings as opportunities arise.
- Training will be provided in areas of safety, company specific training, installations and other areas as necessary.
Compensation and Benefits:
Pay Range: $15.00 – $21.00 per hour (DOE)
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (EPEWA) we are disclosing the compensation for this position. Factors that may be used to determine your actual wage may include your specific skills, years of experience in this field and in comparison, to other employees already in this role. A potential new employee’s wage history will not be used in a compensation decision.
100% Employer paid health insurance, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and Employee Assistance Program
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Disclaimer: Must be able to perform job duties with or without reasonable accommodation. The responsibilities, skills/abilities, and working conditions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. AlignTec is an at-will employer, this job description does not constitute an employment contract.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability