IF YOU HAVE AN INTEREST IN WIRELESS INTERNET TECHNOLOGY WE ARE WILLING TO INVEST IN AND TRAIN THE RIGHT PERSON!
Position Description: Our Broadband Technician is a multi-faceted position meant to provide employees with the opportunity to learn and/or hone their skills in the field, working with the network, and as a steppingstone into the world of Broadband Internet. While in the field this individual will maintain, construct, and repair the equipment used for electronic communications, wireless devices, and broadband equipment. When working on the network you will ensure that Company and customer networks are running smoothly and fix issues on both customer and company networks; makes upgrades to company infrastructure to ensure maximum performance; installation of local area networks, internet connections, and other communication systems. This position will also help maintain AlignTec’s shop and physical space around the property while providing support to the other departments.
This is a Full-Time, Monday – Friday, Non-Exempt Position. This position requires after-hours and weekend tech support.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Receive deliveries and stock/restock new and reclaimed equipment
- Maintain clean and hazard-free grounds in the yard and surrounding property
- Maintain a clean and hazard-free storage/shop space
- Run General errands as needed for all departments
- Perform “line of sight” and electronic surveys to determine service availability at potential client locations
- Accurately program and install customer equipment while on the premises
- Perform installations and changes of service while providing excellent customer service
- Update customer accounts to ensure accurate records
- Assist in the construction, maintenance, and repair of existing and new broadcast sites.
- Collaborate in the development and documentation process to ensure consistent and effective protocols are in place
- Troubleshoot and problem solve customer inquiries and concerns to ensure products and services are working properly to create a positive customer experience.
- Discover, add, and maintain network device monitoring.
- Accurately complete advanced onsite customer service calls
- Backup Customer Service as needed
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Clearly communicate and work with customers to educate them on AlignTec’s products and services
- Effectively resolve after hours tech support and escalation issues
- Maintain proper equipment and cleanliness of assigned workspace/work truck to be prepared to perform required duties
- Perform additional tasks and duties as directed by supervisor and/or management team
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- Basic understanding of Residential Construction
- Provide excellent customer service no matter the customers’ mood, the situation, or the time of day; always looking for ways to improve the customer experience
- Ability to use installation tools, power tools, and hand tools safely and effectively.
- Always operate company vehicles, at times in inclement weather, in a safe and responsible manner with appropriate state licensing requirements.
- Valid Driver’s License and CLEAN DRIVING RECORD
- Reliable transportation
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to learn computer functions, systems, and on-the-job skills
- Reliable standard broadband connection while working from home
- Ability to talk, listen and speak clearly on the telephone.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends (On-Call) and overtime as necessary
CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The conditions and physical demands described here are representative of those that are required for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions consistently, safely, and successfully with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Must be able to move, lift or carry loads of 50 lbs. or more, on occasion; ability to lift, move or carry less than 20 lbs. regularly.
- Ok working in confined spaces such as crawl spaces or attics
- Works near power lines and electricity.
- Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus and able to manipulate objects such as pens, keyboard and mouse.
- Works in areas with exposure to inclement weather, moderate noise level, dogs or other animals, construction areas, or the public in general.
- Able to perform jobs from high places (on poles, ladders, and roofs), including climbing poles with proper equipment (safety belt, strap, climbers), ladders and bucket trucks.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- A supportive and team environment based on trust, transparency, and communication.
- Professional growth and training as opportunities arise.
- Training will be provided in areas of safety, company specific training, installations, and other areas as necessary.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Pay Range: $17.00 – $24.00 per hour (DOE)
Benefits Include: 100% Employer paid health insurance, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay and Employee Assistance Program
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (EPEWA) we are disclosing compensation for this position.
Interested in joining our Team? Send us your resume!! firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Must be able to perform job duties with or without reasonable accommodation. The responsibilities, skills/abilities, and working conditions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. AlignTec is an at-will employer, this job description does not constitute an employment contract.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.